For isolation and differentiation of major clinical-significant Candida species
Package size: 25 L
For isolation and differentiation of major clinical-significant Candida species.
The product is composed of a powder base.
1. High Contrast: intense colony colouration helping to differentiate species.
2. 20-48 h incubation at 35-37 °C.
3. Panoramic view of the Candida population mix with the ability to detect major species but also the presence of minor populations.
4. Powerful tool: displays high specificity and sensitivity for 3 of the major Candida species at a time: Candida albicans, Candida tropicalis and Candida krusei exceed 99 % (Odds F. et al 1994, Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 32 : 1923-1929).
5. Less workload: with traditional media such as Sabouraud agar, identification of mixed cultures is difficult, whereas CHROMagar™ Candida, just by the colour of the colony, will instantly differentiate various Candida species.
6. Facilitates the choice of appropriate and optimised antifungal therapies.
TYPICAL APPEARANCE OF MICROORGANISMS:
Candida albicans → green
Candida tropicalis → metallic blue
Candida krusei → pink, fuzzy
Other species → white to mauve
More commonly, Candida species are involved in oropharyngeal, digestive, urogenital infectons and wet skin wounds. “Early diagnosis is essental for efectve management of the patents.” WHO Guidelines on Standard Operatng Procedures for Laboratory Diagnosis of HIV-Opportunistc Infectons. Although C. albicans remains the major species involved, other types such as C. tropicalis, C. krusei or C. glabrata have increased proportonally as new antfungal agents have worked very efectvely against C. albicans.
Also available in 25 L (CA223-25).